Mozilla launches Firefox 90 for desktop with new features
The Mozilla Foundation released the standard version 90 of the Firefox browser for Windows, MacOS, and Linux in broad daylight. In the new version of Firefox, updates can be used in the background when Firefox is not running. Background Update checks for, downloads, and installs updates in the background. This way you get the latest version of Firefox every time you open your browser. If you enable the option, Firefox will check for updates every 7 hours when the browser is not in use. There are also improvements, bug fixes and security improvements, which can be found below. This update also covers 9 vulnerabilities in older versions of Firefox. You can find details about security holes closed with Firefox 90 Here. Users who installed an older version of Firefox will receive the update automatically. You can download the update here Help -> via Firefox -> Update to version 90.0 Can be loaded manually. You can find more information about this update below or from Mozilla.
Download -> Download Firefox 90.0 for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Firefox version 90.0 for desktop is now available for download from Mozilla:
Download Firefox version 90.0 for Windows, MacOS and Linux:
Firefox version 90.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- On Windows, updates can now be used in the background when Firefox is not running.
- Firefox for Windows now offers a new page About: Third Party Help identify compatibility issues caused by third-party applications.
- Manage exceptions in HTTPS mode only: Options # Confidentiality.
- Print to PDF now creates functional hyperlinks.
- Firefox version 2 of the Smart Block feature further improves personal browsing. Third-party Facebook scripts are blocked to prevent you from being tracked, but if you decide to ‘log into Facebook’ on any website, it will now load automatically ‘at the right time’.
- The “Open image in new tab” context menu item now opens images and media in the background tab by default.
- Most users who do not have a hardware-accelerated Webrender will now use Webrender software.
- Improved performance of Webrender software.
- FTP support removed.
Frequently Asked Questions After Updating Firefox
Mozilla Foundation developers are making Firefox for Windows, MacOS, and Linux available in multiple languages. Note that installing Firefox will overwrite your existing version of Firefox. Your bookmarks or calendar will not be lost. However, some extensions and other add-ons will no longer work until the appropriate updates or updates become available.
Going through Mozilla