Modeling of quest data and data
- erwin Data Modeler adds NoSQL and Data Vault 2.0 data modeling and schema engineering
- erwin Data Intelligence to extend data visibility with new dashboards and new automation capabilities for faster data discovery
- Continued investment in erwin by Quest solutions underscores commitment to the Quest data empowerment platform to enable fast, accurate and relevant data insights to drive business value
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., June 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Quest software, a global provider of systems management, data protection and security software, today announced significant enhancements to Erwin data modeler and erwin Data Intelligence just five months after its acquisition of erwin, Inc. When integrated, these solutions provide a closed loop for metadata management and automate both processes and workflows to improve the time to value of key transformation initiatives digital, such as cloud migration, optimize regulatory and risk compliance efforts, and increase data literacy. erwin Data Modeler and erwin Data Intelligence are part of the Information and Systems Management (ISM) activity and its Quest Data empowerment platform, industry-leading solutions for data operations, data protection and data governance to guide operational and strategic decision-making.
“These new erwin by Quest product releases demonstrate our commitment to advancing data modeling and governance technologies as customers increasingly rely on the intelligence of the data they provide to compete in the marketplace. today’s data-driven world, ”said Heath Thompson, president and CEO of Quest ISM. . “As the undisputed global leader in data modeling and a key provider of data protection and governance solutions, we are dedicated to our clients’ success not only in managing risk, but also in the use of their assets. enterprise data to create greater value across all functions. The Quest Data Empowerment Platform ensures this by giving IT and business teams the capabilities to operate, protect and govern the data they need, in addition to making a real-time, relevant and high-quality data pipeline. quality accessible to a wider range of stakeholders for business collaboration. and decision making.
erwin Data Modeler 2021 R1, now available to everyone, supports relational modeling techniques, NoSQL and Data Vault 2.0 within the same instance, allowing modelers to work on a myriad of traditional and emerging DBMS platforms. Roundtrip engineering and guided denormalization, which produce query-optimized models, accelerates database schema migration and transformation between relational and documentary designs. With the increasing complexity of data architecture, increasing modernization efforts and the increased demand for mastery of data, new generations of data modellers – internal and external to IT – will benefit from the possibility of using a tool. unique and holistic enterprise data modeling and database design. erwin Key features of the 2021 R1 Data Modeler include:
- Native support for Couchbase, MongoDB and Cassandra NoSQL data modeling, with support for JSON and AVRO file formats
- Data Vault 2.0 Data Modeling
- Updated support and certifications for the latest versions of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure SQL, and Microsoft SQL Synapse
- JDBC connectivity for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure SQL, Snowflake, Couchbase, Cassandra and MongoDB
- New object browser to see all tables, views and materialized views in one place, as well as indexes and relationships
- API support for comparing and synchronizing models for reporting and collaboration
- Increased loading speed for large models
With erwin Data Intelligence 11 Starting in early July, IT and data governance teams will be able to extend the visibility of their data landscape with new dashboards and accelerate data discovery with new automation capabilities. Built on a flexible metamodel with in-depth metadata-based automation, the software highlights available data, adds context for understanding and safeguards for protection, and then allows it to be widely socialized within the community. company to create more strategic and tactical value. Businesses can establish a comprehensive yet flexible automated data governance framework to meet their unique needs and power data intelligence for insights that mitigate risk and drive desired results. erwin Data Intelligence 11 will include:
- A data catalog dashboard for a holistic view of the data landscape to facilitate management and improve understanding of data
- A data literacy dashboard to easily view and explore key data management statistics and actions to guide data governance
- Improved mind map capabilities to simultaneously view multiple business assets and associated relationships
- Corporate tagging of company assets to accelerate discovery and facilitate analysis and automation
- AI Optimization to Extend and Increase the Accuracy of Data Asset Discovery
- Performance, search and usability improvements to simplify and accelerate daily workflows
- Ability to use the language of choice of an organization when defining technical and commercial metadata with the SQL Server version of erwin Data Intelligence
“Analysts estimate that between 55% and 90% of organizational data is not used in business analysis and for decision making. Regardless of the exact percentage, this “dark data” creates a greater amount of noise in the signal, increasing inefficiencies and operational risks, affecting employee productivity and lengthening the deadlines of critical initiatives, “said Thompson. “Our goal with erwin by Quest is to empower front and back office stakeholders with data intelligence to understand and navigate the data landscape, enabling them to make better business decisions and drive business intelligence. strategic growth. Data modeling and governance solutions are essential to these efforts, and we will continue to invest in their development.
About Quest software
Quest creates software solutions that make the benefits of new technologies real in an increasingly complex IT landscape. Quest helps customers solve their next IT challenge, from maximizing the value of their data to managing Active Directory and Office 365 and resilient cybersecurity. Globally, more than 130,000 businesses and 95% of Fortune 500 companies rely on Quest to strengthen their data, provide proactive management and monitoring for the next business initiative, find the next solution to complex Microsoft challenges, and stay ahead of the next threat. . Quest software. Where the next meeting now. For more information visit www.quest.com.
Global Public Relations Quest
+36 1 398 6700
Highwire Public Relations