How to Disable Picture-in-Picture Mode Setting in Firefox Using GPEDIT
In this article, we will help you know how lock picture in picture mode setting in firefox to Windows 11/10 the computer. Once you lock the picture-in-picture mode setting, the option to Enable picture-in-picture video controls will be grayed out under Firefox settings, just as seen in the screenshot below.
So, if you have enabled the picture-in-picture mode setting, no one will be able to disable it and vice versa. You can also undo changes at any time.
What is Firefox Picture-in-Picture?
Like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and other modern browsers, Firefox also provides picture-in-picture mode feature. This feature lets you play videos in a floating window so you can continue watching videos while working with other tabs, browsers, desktop apps, and more.
When picture-in-picture mode is enabled, simply play a video, hover your mouse over that video, and you’ll see a picture in picture icon. Click on this icon and the video will start playing in picture-in-picture mode.
You can easily enable or enable and use multiple picture-in-picture modes in Firefox. And, if you want, you can simply lock the picture-in-picture mode setting using the Group Policy Editor Windows 11/10 computer.
Disable picture-in-picture mode setting in Firefox using GPEDIT
You can set and then lock the picture-in-picture mode setting in Firefox on a Windows 11/10 computer using the Group Policy Editor. Before you can lock the picture-in-picture mode setting in Firefox, you need to integrate Firefox with the Group Policy Editor so that you have all the Firefox settings. After that, follow these steps:
- Type gpedit in the search box of your Windows 11/10 computer
- press the Enter key to open the Group Policy Editor window
- Access picture in picture case. Its path is:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Mozilla > Firefox > Picture in Picture
- In the right part, double-click on the Locked setting. This will open a new window
- In this window, select the Authorized radio button
- Click on the To apply button
- Click on the Okay button.
After that, when you open the Firefox browser and access the General Firefox settings section, you will find the Enable picture-in-picture video controls the option is grayed out.
To unlock the picture-in-picture mode setting in Firefox, you can repeat the above steps, select the Not configured radio button in the Locked window, then press To apply and Okay buttons to save your changes.
How do I turn off Picture Mode?
If you want to disable the picture-in-picture mode option in Firefox, you do so by going to the Firefox browser settings. Here are the steps:
- Open Firefox browser
- Click on the Hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) available in the upper right corner of the Firefox browser. This will open the Application menu from Firefox
- Click on the Settings option. The Firefox settings tab will open with the General menu
- In this menu, scroll down the page to access the Navigation section
- There you will see a toggle for Enable picture-in-picture video controls option
- Uncheck the toggle to disable picture-in-picture mode.
I hope this helps you.
Read next: How to Use Picture-in-Picture Mode on Microsoft Edge.