How to create a separate profile for Firefox Nightly
This tutorial covers how to create a separate profile for Firefox Nightly. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to create a separate profile for Firefox Nightly. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check out how to create a separate profile for Firefox Nightly
Most Firefox users only use one profile in the browser. Firefox creates a single profile when installed and there is little evidence that it supports multiple profiles. While profile information can be found by opening some internal browser pages or looking up the profile’s location on disk, to be fair, only a fraction of the user base knows.
Profiles are independent identities, each with their own bookmarks, passwords, extensions, settings, and settings. Think of them as user accounts, but instead of being used by different users, they are all used by a single browser user. This makes the profiles very interesting for users who use the browser for inconsistent tasks, for example, for work and leisure, or for SEO and regular browsing or to separate different versions of Firefox from each other.
It can also be useful to use a secondary profile for certain tasks, such as an online banking safety profile or a private profile that does not store browsing history. Profiles are also useful when you are running different versions of Firefox on the same system, such as: a stable, beta, and nightly version that you are running in parallel.
How to create a separate profile
It is strongly recommended to create a new profile for Firefox every night, we all know nightly and quantum are two different versions of the same browser. So you need to make sure that there is a command line just below the shortcuts to complete the procedure successfully.
- Just before starting the process, make sure to close the Firefox Quantum and Firefox Nightly browsers.
- After that, just press the “Windows + R” button on your keyboard to open the run command box, then type “Firefox-p” into the search bar, then click “OK”.
- This will open the Firefox Profile Manager and you will be able to see a single “default” profile on your computer screen.
- You can choose to leave this profile for Firefox Quantum and create a new one for Firefox Nightly after clicking on “create a profile”
- A new window will appear on your screen; Here you can type in the name “Nightly” and then click on the Finish button.
- Now you will see the profile name “every night” in the Firefox Profile Manager, you can now click “Exit” and close the Firefox Profile Manager.
- In the next step, you now need to configure the shortcuts for Firefox Quantum and Firefox Nightly, which you can use in the respective profiles.
- Now you need to press, right click on the nightly Firefox shortcut on your desktop and click on “properties”.
- Now open the shortcut tab, then add “-p Nightly” in the path as mentioned in the destination and make sure to add a space between the command line and the path.
- Then click on “Apply” and then on “OK” to save all the changes.
- Repeat the same process with your Firefox Quantum browser shortcut and make sure to include the “-p default” command in the path.
- Now you can use both browsers on your computer without worrying about the risk of profile corruption, you can also sync your browsing data using a feature called Firefox Sync.
Final words: How to create a separate profile for Firefox Nightly
hope you will understand this item How to create a separate profile for Firefox Nightly, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.