How to choose what information is synced on Chrome
Check out the step-by-step guide here to choose what information is synced on your Google Chrome browser.
Representative image | Unsplash
When you turn on sync, all of your profile information is saved to your Google Account. If you don’t want to sync everything, you can edit the saved information. When you’re signed in to Chrome with your Google Account but sync isn’t turned on, you can also access:
- Payment information that you saved in Google Pay.
- Passwords that you have saved in your Google account.
When you turn on sync, the same information is displayed on all your devices:
- History and open tabs
- payment information
- Addresses, phone numbers and more
- Settings and Preferences
Check out the step-by-step guide here for choosing what information to sync to Chrome.
How to choose what information to sync on Chrome: computer
- Open Chrome, on a trusted computer.
- At the top right, click on More organization and then on Settings.
- Under “You and Google,” click Sync and Google services.
- To find out what you’ve synced, select Review your synced data.
- Under “Sync,” click Manage what you sync.
- Then turn off “Sync all”.
- Finally, turn off any data that you don’t want to sync with your account.
How to choose what information to sync on Chrome: Android
- Open the Chrome app on a trusted Android phone or tablet.
- Now, to the right of the address bar, tap on More organization and then on Settings.
- Then tap Synchronize.
- Turn off sync all.
- Finally, choose what you want to sync.
READ: Are you traveling to the Maldives? Know how to get a driver’s license in the Maldives
READ: ITR 2021: The best apps to file an online tax return
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.