Guide: Block sites on Chrome
This tutorial is about Guide: Blocking Sites on Chrome. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog Guide: Block sites on Chrome. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check out the guide: block sites on Chrome
Is it true that you are looking for an easy method to block a site in Google Chrome so that you or other users cannot access it? The Google Chrome program is apparently the leader of all Internet browsers. 2.56 billion Internet users should have Chrome as their primary program. When using Chrome, you may have a site that you need to block for various reasons.
For example, you may need to block interruptions like YouTube while you are working or limit access to inappropriate sites so that your kids can surf the web safely. This article will tell you the best way to block sites on Google Chrome on your workspace, iOS and Android.
How to block websites in Chrome: business
- If an organization has a Google Account, network administrators can control access to the website. Organizations often choose to block websites with unprofessional or pornographic content, which may distract employees (such as social media or entertainment sites), or which contain malware, adware, or other unsafe links. .
- If you’re a Google administrator for your organization, go to the Admin Console home page in your Google Account. Select Devices and choose Chrome.
- Select Settings.
- Select Users and browsers.
- Select the appropriate organizational unit (your company). If you are setting restrictions for a small group in your organization, select or create a secondary organizational unit under the larger one.
- In URL Blocking, enter any URLs that are not allowed.
- To create exceptions to blocked URLs, you can create an allow list. This list will replace any web page in the blocked list; For example, if Twitter is included in your Blocked URLs but you’ve included it in Allow, users in your organization will be able to access Twitter.
- Implement all the changes in your organization. Chrome may need to reload or restart before the changes take effect.
- Google allows you to block a total of 1000 URLs.
- If you are an administrator, you can also block websites by operating system or computer.
- Open Windows Explorer (version 7) or File Explorer (versions 8.1 and 10). Type gpedit.msc in the address bar and search for it.
- This takes you to the Microsoft Windows Group Policy Editor. Select Policies.
- Select Administrative Templates> Google> Google Chrome.
- Enable the Block access to a list of URLs policy.
- Enter the URLs you want to block.
- Activate Provides access to the URL list if you want to create an allow list. Add the URLs you want to allow.
- Implement this change for users.
- If you are an administrator, navigate to the Chrome policy configuration profile or the .plist file. Add any URLs you want to block to the URLBlocklist key. For anyone you want to authorize, add to the URLAllowlist key.
- Go to Chrome settings and select the Managed Policies folder. Use the JSON file editor to create or edit the URL file. Add URLs to the block and access categories. Deploy the update to your users.
How to block websites in Chrome: personal user
- The easiest way to block a website on a Windows computer is to use the BlockSite Chrome extension.
- Open Chrome and search for the Chrome Web Store. Inside the store, search for BlockSite.
- Other site blocking apps are available, but BlockSite is the most popular starting in summer 2021. Click on BlockSite and select Add to Chrome.
- Once you’ve downloaded BlockSite, click on its logo in the upper right corner of the browser, to the left of Chrome’s three vertical dots. Accept the terms and conditions.
- Once BlockSite is installed and a web page loads, enter the URL you want to block in the bar that says “Enter a web address”.
- Once you enter a URL and finalize your choice by clicking on the check mark, this site will no longer load correctly in your browser and you will receive a message stating that you have blocked this site.
- You can also navigate to a site that you want to block, and when the extension is active in your browser, a pop-up will appear and ask if you want to block the site.
- You can block it directly from there. This is useful if you come across a site that looks suspicious, is not secure, or has a lot of ads. The same process also applies to Mac computers.
- On a Mac, if you don’t want to block sites with a third-party extension, there is a method to block them through your computer settings. Note that this will also block sites in Safari and other browsers, not just Chrome.
- Go to System Preferences and select Screen Time. Choose Content & Privacy, turn it on if it’s off, and choose the Content tab.
- Select Only allowed websites and the Custom tab below. When the website box appears, click on the + sign and add any URLs you want to block.
How to block websites in Chrome – mobile
- Blocking websites on Android mobile phones is a quick process with BlockSite. Download BlockSite from the Google Play Store.
- In your Android settings, go to the BlockSite app and allow BlockSite to block websites by clicking Enable.
- Exit Settings and go to the app on your phone’s main screen. Select the + icon on the screen and start typing the URLs you want to block in the bar.
- Select the green check mark that appears after you enter a URL.
- If you are using an iPhone, download BlockSite from the App Store and follow the same process. When you go to Settings and select BlockSite, choose “Allow this app to make changes” or any similar option that allows the app to block websites.
Final words: Guide: Block sites on Chrome
hope you will understand this item Guide: Block sites on Chrome, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.